LV
RU
EN
 
Vītiņi parish
Print
Ķevele Springs
Ķevele Springs are located approximately 7 km from Auce, in Tukums direction
Seven seperate springs are coming out from the 4m deep and 6m wide ravine  and forward seven of them on their way flows together, making one  stream. The legend goes that during the Great Northern war Latvian healer cured the king of Sweden Carl XII while the educated court doctors could not help and therefore the springs are called the  King’s springs.
Dobes hills
Dobes hills are formed by a 2 km long hillock. Incēnu castle mound and Mežakalns, seperated by the road from Kokmuiža to Lielauce and the glen of Avīkne river, are two the highest peaks of hillock.

Castle mound Incēni (Dobes) and Mežakalns are situated in Kokmuiža. The castle mound Incēni was first mentioned in the written dokuments in 1272 in the agreement of Semigallia Division Act. In the east part of the castle mound had been an ancient town becouse of the found thick archaeological layer with potsherds and artefacts. It is believed that there had been the ancient centre of Dobe region and the main fortification.
Ernest brastin investigated the castle mound in 1923. He was sure that the castle of Sidrabene had been situated there.

Mežakalns rises opossite the Incēni castle mound. It is overgrown with trees and is hardly visible.
It is possible that Doben, the castle of dobe, mentioned in the Oldest Rhyme Chronicle, constructed by the Livonia order in 1260, had been situated in Mežakalns.
Lime-Kiln
Lime-Kiln was built from boulders and it is stil lone the best reserved such kind buildings in Latvia. It is also an interesting architectural and historical monument.
 
Today
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
< January >
< 2018 >